Friday 31 October 2014

#2 Giant Cinnamon Scroll




My sister and I have a shameful weakness for the Donut King cinnamon scrolls, so once I saw this giant one on Sally's blog I had to give it a go. I haven't had a huge amount of experience with doughs and half expected mine to be tough and heavy. But no, this was so light and sweet! So dangerously light in fact that I accidentally ate two pieces without even blinking.



The dough needs two rising periods, so it took me a total of 2.5 hours to make, but it was so worth it and in my opinion was better than the ones at DK. I used one 7g sachet of Tandaco dry yeast (found at coles and woolworths) and it rose beautifully. I used a 9 inch (23cm) springform cake tin and during cooking covered it with foil after about 10 minutes.

The glaze was simply icing sugar, milk and vanilla (I omitted the maple syrup to keep it as a standard vanilla flavour) and it poured it on the scroll while it was still warm because unlike other cakes, this is at its best when it has just come out of the oven.

I've already had requests to make this again for breakfast and honestly I don't think I have the willpower strong enough to say no!


No comments:

Post a Comment